The Building Research Establishment’s Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM) is an internationally recognized and certified assessment aiming to review and improve the environmental performance of buildings.
From this point of view, used as a design tool, BREEAM will assess the environmental performance of new-build buildings and refurbishments, providing a framework for improvement and an auditable demonstration of good design practices.
A certified assessment is the third party verified by the Building Research Establishment (BRE) ensuring comparable benchmarking and high standards of assessment across the world. Carried out by trained assessors, BREEAM provides an easily understood, independent, and transparent label of environmental performance. In addition, to ensure high standards of BREEAM assessors and assessments, all BREEAM schemes are operated under a Competent Person Scheme, which is UKAS accredited as meeting the requirements ISO 17024.
BREEAM considers key global and local environmental issues and the internal environment for building occupants under various categories:
Our service includes the following activities:
- Pre-assessment in order to obtain the Breeam certification at the required level..
- Breeam specification: instructions for designers and Main contractor in the construction stage.
- The active participation of our BREEAM International Assessor in the whole certification process by issuing opinions and indications on the project during the design and implementation phase on site of the selected strategies.
- Verification of documents submitted by designers and companies to meet the requirements for
- Breeam training for the construction companies.
- Assistance in preparing the necessary plans such as ESC Plan, WM Plan etc.
- Assistance in preparing tender specifications for construction (Breeam oriented).
- Energy Modelling and Thermal Modelling
- Daylighting and Natural Ventilation simulations
- Climate Change assessment
- LCA, LCC
- Commissioning, Thermography, Blower Door test
- Air Quality Test